A lesson about counseling through the HIV testing process brings up important facts about HIV, how patients can decide to test for the virus, and what makes a positive or negative test. It includes a flowchart that takes learners through a patient's thought process and testing, as well as links to sources and additional materials.
- Include the information and quiz on HIV antibodies in a biology lesson on sexually transmitted diseases
- Use the links below to extend your lesson, or for a research project on HIV and AIDS
- Uses the British spelling of counselling throughout the lesson
- The lesson is unclear as to the audience, but you could find information to use in a health class or peer counseling group
- Best if used in a mature class, as the lesson addresses sensitive issues