It's no secret that most of the galaxy is a mystery. Data suggests that the known exoplanets may be most similar to our own neighborhood planet Uranus. Unfortunately, scientists know little about Uranus. The video lesson presenter in the SciShow series suggests options for learning more about Uranus, leading to a better understanding of exoplanets.
- Ask learners to keep a list of hypotheses suggested in the presentation
- Before the lesson, have individuals brainstorm what they know about the planets in the solar system to activate prior knowledge
- Expects a basic understanding of the structure of the solar system
- Presents current research and suggestions for future discoveries
- Highlights key vocabulary with written explanations