This What Triggers a Chemical Reaction? video also includes:
Chemical reactions are happening all around us every second of every day, but what exactly causes these changes to occur? Using easy-to-understand analogies, this video explains how the concepts of enthalpy and entropy determine the ways elements and compounds interact with one another to create new substances.
- Watch this video during an introductory lesson on chemical reactions
- Following a viewing of this video, have students observe different examples of exothermic and endothermic reactions
- Pupils can watch this video and then complete the assessment as a homework assignment in your flipped classroom
- Fun animations help to both engage viewers and visually support the scientific content being presented
- Key vocabulary terms are displayed on the screen during the video
- A short assessment is included with four multiple choice and three free-response questions