This What Was the Ancestor of Everything? video also includes:
As part of evolution species branch off of others species. But what did the original limb look like? Young scientists discover the exciting study of the last universal common ancestor as they hear from specialists in multiple scientific fields and learn about the newest research.
- Go into more detail on LUCA as many have the misconception that this is the first thing that ever lived
- Debate if archaea and eucarya should be on the same branch or different branches of evolutionary history
- Relies on prior knowledge of the Tree of Life, RNA, DNA, evolution, and genes
- Links to related videos for further learning
- Provides closed captioning in English for ease of note taking
- Cross-over episode contains talent from multiple popular science video shows