Some people believe that using marijuana during pregnancy is safer than smoking tobacco, but studies show several negative impacts on babies whose mothers used marijuana while they were pregnant. Use a fact sheet to educate learners about the possible risks to children before and after birth.
- Have copies of the page available in the school nurse's and/or counselor's office
- Use in a health class when discussing the medical effects of using marijuana
- Designed for adults, but applicable to teenagers in a middle or high school class
- Resource is in color; print a test page in black and white to see if the background color obscures the text
- Discusses multiple risks to babies after they are born as well as during pregnancy
- Provides additional reference links