This What's Hidden Among the Tallest Trees on Earth? instructional video also includes:
Hidden hundreds of feet above the ground in the redwoods of Northern California is a whole world that was just waiting to be discovered. This video tells the story of Stephen Sillett who, inspired by his grandmother, set out to explore the incredible diversity of life found in the canopies of these enermous, ancient trees.
- Watch this video as part of a life science unit on ecosystems
- Use this presentation to introduce a research project in which students investigate unique environments where life has adapted to survive
- As a homework assignment, have pupils view the video and complete the short assessment in preparation for a class discussion during the following class period
- Video engages viewers by using a narrative, cartoon-style format
- Academic language used in the video is appropriate for middle and high school learners
- Teachers have the option to create customized lessons based on the video