What changes when you leave the solar system and enter interstellar space? First, scientists needed to define the end of the solar system. Using an interesting video, an installment from the SciShow Space series explains how the definition became accepted and introduces multiple NASA missions studying the edge. From Voyager 1 leaving the solar system to IBEX with over a decade of data, new discoveries happen regularly in the quest to understand our little solar system.
- Learn about recent discoveries from IBEX
- Have scholars debate if the oxygen-rich environment is rare or common among other solar systems
- Relies on prior knowledge of the solar system, NASA, and satellites
- Connects to ongoing research
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes