This What's So Special about Bottled Drinking Water? lab resource also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Graphic Organizer
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Is artesian water designed to be better, or is it just from wells similar to those in the city of Artesium? This experiment looks at many different types of bottled waters, including artesian. Using a soap mixture, scholars test to see which lathers the easiest to determine which waters are considered hard and which are considered soft.
- Extend the idea by having a mystery water and challenging scholars to figure out which type of water it must be based on the experiment
- Requires five types of water: distilled, spring, tap, purified, carbonated, mineral, etc.
- The soap solution needs to be prepared 12-24 hours before the lab
- Includes ideas for extension and remediation of the lesson
- Answer key provides complete sentences for each question
- Provides standard definitions for bottled water in case pupils don't know the difference between mineral, purified, spring, etc.