This What's the Frequency, Roy G. Biv? lesson plan also includes:
While all light travels at the same speed, each color in the visible light spectrum contains a different wavelength and frequency. Scholars determine the relationship between frequency and wavelength as they complete the activity. They finish by answering critical thinking and assessment questions.
- Have "Rainbow Connection" playing as pupils enter the classroom
- Expand on the lesson by introducing angstroms
- Relies on prior knowledge of pre-algebra, especially formulas and pattern recognition, the electromagnetic spectrum, and the concepts of wavelength and frequency
- Provides all worksheets in html, Word, and PDF formats
- Procedure instructions keep every member of the group engaged throughout the activity