This What's Wrong with the Coordinates at the North Pole? activities & project also includes:
Here is an activity that merges technology with life skills as individuals use Google Earth to explore the differences between coordinate systems and map projections. The self-guided learning exercise is the fourth segment in a nine-part unit. The learning exercise provides class members with opportunities to hone their Google Earth skills.
- Alter the locations in the file to be more relevant to your class
- Pupils should have an understanding of the Cartesian coordinate system
- Individuals need access to Google Earth
- The activity is in Word format to make it easier to edit
- Includes the web address to download the grid files needed for the activity
- The activity is the same as the quiz for the associated lesson, Projections and Coordinates