This When 95% Accurate Isn’t lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Investigate the effect of false positives on probability calculation with an activity that asks scholars to collect simulated data generated by a calculator. To finish, participants analyze the probability of certain outcomes which lead to the discovery of Bayes Theorem.
- Define key vocabulary and notation before beginning the activity
- Utilize the extension for early finishers
- Learners should have a basic understanding of conditional probabilities prior to the lesson
- Activity uses questioning to lead pupils to discover desired concepts
- Includes detailed answer keys