Sometimes the book is better than the movie; other times, the movie comes out on top. A video discusses the topic of novels and their film adaptations, pointing out specific texts and how the tale translated to the big screen. The narrator discusses terms such as paratext and personal connections as well.
- Read one the books mentioned in the clip, watch the movie, and ask viewers to evaluate comments made in the video
- Turn a short story into a script and discuss what changes writers had to make to adapt the story
- Makes reference to 50 Shades of Grey
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Discusses many popular texts
- Uses engaging graphics to make the content more interesting
- Moves at an extremely fast pace