This When The Earth Was Purple video also includes:
Earth appears blue and green now, but an interesting video covers a theory about when our planet was purple. We know the sun emits mostly green light, so why do most plants repel green light rather than absorbing it? Did purple microbes exist before the great oxidation? These are some of the questions considered and described as part of the video's hypothesis.
- Read more about how this scientific discovery is reported
- Challenge pupils to draw the earth as it might have looked when purple
- Relies strongly on prior knowledge of photosynthesis
- Presents current research
- Includes a list of resources for further learning