This When The Saints Go Marching In: A Lesson for Middle School Keyboard Lab Students lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
After listening to a variety of interpretations of "When the Saints Go Marching In," partners compose and then perform their own renditions of this classic before joining a full-class jam session.
139 Views 74 Downloads
- Video the jam session and play it back for the class
- The lesson assumes middle schoolers have access to a keyboard lab with a CD playback device and other technology
- Designed for beginner to intermediate middle school keyboard laboratory musicians with a basic knowledge of music elements like tone, texture, rhythm, tempo, dynamics, and melody
- The 10-page resource includes detailed plans, a materials list, the musical score for "When the Saints Go Marching In," a blank score template, reflection questions, and a rubric for the performance