Oil ... the black gold? PBS Digital Studios recaps for viewers the history of energy consumption, from wood and whale oil, to kerosene, gasoline, and alternative energy sources. The video then considers factors that determine when we will stop using oil for energy.
- Have pupils research alternative energy sources
- Introduce the Hubbert peak as learners watch the video
- Learners should have familiarity with basic energy terms, such as thermal or kinetic
- Includes recent developments, such as hydrofracking
- Utilizes cool graphics, including timelines