This Where Did English Come From? video also includes:
How did modern language evolve over the course of history? Discover the roots of the English language, spoken by over three billion people in the world today, and explore how historical conquests and intercultural exchanges are responsible for the various ways in which we communicate.
- Pause the video in order to provide examples of the instruction provided whenever possible. For example, when direct connections are made between letters and sounds across different languages, provide specific words that reflect those connections
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Animations help to illustrate content
- Option to customize online assessment and additional resources provided by publisher
- Presentation moves quickly through content, and can be difficult to follow at points