This Where Do Math Symbols Come From? video also includes:
Why does the equal sign look that way? The resource explains the reason several of the math symbols look the way they do. Using a few specific examples, the video points out that some symbols are rooted in their meanings and others are simply arbitrary.
- Use the video to help explain the many uses of symbols within mathematics
- Brainstorm the symbols that are used in math and their meanings
- Requires signing up for an account to score the assessment and to participate in discussions
- Includes a series of questions to gauge understanding
- Contains additional resources about symbols