This Where Do New Words Come From? video also includes:
Gadzooks! Where do new words come from? Who decides what a word means? What about memes? Young etymologists will be fascinated by a short video all about words, words, words.
13 Views 13 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have class members investigate the origins of favorite words or those new to the Oxford English Dictionary
- Have class members watch the video, complete the comprehension check, and research some of the links out of class before returning for a full class discussion
- If assigning the video for out-of-class viewing, ensure that all class members have access to the Internet
- The video concludes with an advertisement for another Ted-Ed series of videos; preview the entire video to determine if the ad is appropriate for your class
- The resource includes links to related articles and resources