After a grand conversation about immigration to the United States, scholars interview a family member to learn about their journey to America. They then take their new-found knowledge and apply their findings to tracking their family members' movement on a personal and classroom map. Finally, they construct a bar graph to display the instructional activity's data.
- Invite family members to share their immigration story to the class
- Encourage class members to research the country from which their family came
- The activity is the eighth of nine in a series of resources that focus on family heritage
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides key facts to establish a learning base