Mixing milk and coffee is a complex example in the eyes of a quantum physicist. A creative lesson compares a tendency toward entropy with complexity. Learners view a mixture of coffee and milk as first simple, then complex, and finally simple again.
- Show a picture of each graph shown in the video and have pupils write a description
- Prior to the video, show pupils a photo (or actual glass) of coffee and milk in various stages of mixture; ask them to describe each
- Requires a basic understanding of entropy
- Uses real-life examples to add clarity
- Include graphical representations to help explain a complex topic