This Where the Red Fern Grows Chapter 10-11 Worksheet graphic organizer also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Focus on characterization in Wilson Rawls' well-known novel. First, learners answer a series of questions about the chosen chapters, paying attention to plot, use of language, and character interactions. Then, using the provided Venn diagram, pupils compare and contrast two characters. A decent and easily-adaptable learning exercise that will build understanding of characterization.
- Several questions require higher-level thinking
- Class members will benefit from the focused nature of the resource, which will help them better understand the characters in the novel
- A dog's name is spelled two different ways (Ann, Anne)
- Some questions are only about plot and could be strengthened by requiring readers to cite specific examples from the text