Throw some logic into quadratics and see if learners can match a vague graph to multiple equations. Young mathematicians must look at quadrant location, vertices, and intercepts to best match the graph to one or more equations.
1 Collection 3 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have learners predict their own equations first
- Great to work in small groups to encourage discussions
- The first page is blank and unnecessary
- Class members should be familiar with vertex, standard, and factored forms of quadratic equations
- An alternate way to look at quadratic reasoning