What is a function? Teachers have been asking pupils this question from the time they started their algebra careers. A helpful video walks through the process of using the vertical line test to determine a function while showing various graphical examples.
- Use the video as an opening activity and then present problems for students to complete as a way to check for understanding
- Assign the video as homework and check for understanding the next day
- Requires Internet access to watch or show the YouTube video
- The second in a series of 29 lessons related to functions
- Visuals and different colors allow the learner to see the difference between a graph that is a function and one that is not
- Uses vocabulary and notation throughout the lesson