This Who Built Great Zimbabwe? And why? video also includes:
It's hard to image that a mystery surrounds the second largest settlement ruins found in Africa. Who built this stone city? Why was it built? What happened to it? Why was it abandoned? A short video explores the controversies surrounding the UNESCO World Heritage site of Great Zimbabwe.
- Follow the video with a showing of a Khan Academy video that tours the site
- Include in a study of European colonialism and/or African history
- Viewers should have prior knowledge of the racism inherent in colonialism
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, links to related resources, and discussion questions
- No photographs of the ruins are included