This Why Are Manhole Covers Round? video also includes:
Discover the peculiar geometric property of the curve of constant width, the Reuleaux triangle, and their intriguing connection to manhole covers with yet another fascinating TED-Ed video.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable
- Consider having some manipulatives or three-dimenstional objects on hand in order to further demonstrate the concepts being discussed
- Pupils should have a strong understanding of several geometry concepts, such as pi, the points of a triangle, and calculating the area and perimeter of all geometric shapes, prior to beginning this video
- Illustrations and animations help to explain the geometry concepts
- Includes customizable online assessment, additional resources, and discussion questions
- Speaker moves very fast through the material; it will be important to pause at several points in order to clarify concepts and answer questions