Variety is the spice of life! Biodiversity is important for the health of ecosystemsand also the health of industries like timber and agriculture. Junior conservationists learn the link between biodiversity and profitability in a short, animated video. The narrator shows examples, such as the orchard with many types of pollinators that can outproduce the orchard with only one or two species.
- Have pupils conduct research for other examples of the profitability of biodiversity
- Use the video to start a discussion around using profitable examples of biodiversity to get more support for conservation efforts
- Preface the video with a quick review of what biodiversity means
- Content supports with data another reason why biodiversity is important
- The use of three different examples of biodiverse locations make the video easy to relate to for learners living in different places