Was China's one-child policy a good idea? Historians analyze the country's one-child policy in place for more than 40 years. They view a short video explaining the revocation of the one-child rule and what it means for the future of the nation. The informative video creates open discussion on the economic and demographic consequences China now sees from decades of allowing only one child per family.
- Extend the lesson with a short reading on why China stopped its one child policy
- Take a poll around the room on how many children are in each family and compare it with China's one-child policy
- Requires audio, video, and online technology for entire classroom viewing
- Lesson includes charts and graphs of primary data
- Resource provides audio, video, and closed captioning for differentiated instruction