Discover the scientific explanation of fall leaves! The lesson narrator describes the role of chlorophyll, glucose, and weather in the process of the color-changing process. He adds an overview of carotenoids and flavonoids to explain the variation in colors.
- Ask individuals to collect various colors of leaves during fall; have them predict their levels of carotenoids and flavonoids
- Have pupils keep a list of new vocabulary to define after watching the video lesson
- Consider using the closed captioning to assist English learners with the higher-level vocabulary
- This is an installment of the ACS Reactions series
- Interesting presentation that should hold learners' attention
- Includes a summary of the video as a reference