The tropics contain about 40 percent of the area on Earth. Viewers take a trip to Peru as an entrancing video from a larger biology playlist explores the region. It explains the facts and theories about the biodiversity near the equator. It also offers a call to action to prevent these areas from being destroyed.
- Go into more depth about the difference in round versus flat maps on our perception of the size of continents/oceans/etc.
- Graph the number of species scientists identify each year and discuss the trends
- Content ends at 6:40 and remaining time is an advertisement
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Highlights new vocabulary throughout
- Includes a list of references in the notes section