Why do dissonant noise cause a physical reaction of fear in humans? The video explains why some things sound scary and how we evolved to be more afraid of sounds than sights. It details how people constantly live in the past and how this trait has helped humans to survive through many generations.
- Bring in a theremin for class members to experiment with
- Visit a recording studio to learn about sound effects
- Video would best fit near Halloween
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Includes many links to music that incorporate the science described in the video