This Why Do We Have Museums? video also includes:
How did the tradition of collecting and displaying interesting items to the public begin? How have museums evolved over time? Offer your young historians a fascinating look into a cultural pastime we so often take for granted in the modern world, and offer them insight that they will forever carry with them in museum visits to come.
- This is a fantastic way to kick-start a museum project in your social studies class, in which class members curate and construct their own museum galleries and artifacts based on the historical period you are studying
- Have pupils watch the video as homework or as part of a flipped classroom assignment, and choose one portion to research a bit more in depth. Then, they can report back to the class in order to offer a more comprehensive historical context
- Cartoon animations help engage viewers
- Well-organized, chronological script
- You can customize the assessment and additional resources on the TedEd website