This Why Does Earth Have Deserts? video also includes:
Deserts make up 33 percent of the land surface area on the earth, so why does Earth have them? The video explains the wind and weather patterns that lead to deserts as well as rain forests. It details how this is related to the ocean winds and why sailors helped solve the scientific conundrum.
- For advanced scholars wishing to learn more, share this research paper: http://www.meteohistory.org/2006historyofmeteorology3/2persson_hadley.pdf
- Use a landform globe or an atlas to look for other patterns around Earth
- Avoid displaying the comment section when showing the video
- Includes subtitles in Arabic, Chinese, English, and Japanese for ELLs
- Simple illustrations highlight the main ideas