How is the Earth like an onion? In this video from PBS Digital Studios, viewers first learn the different layers of Earth and their properties. In addition, they hear how these layers came about, starting with the Big Bang theory and the formation of the planets.
- Use the video to introduce Earth's layers
- Perform a density experiment like the one in the beginning of the video
- It would be helpful if learners have some knowledge of the subject material, as the video covers a lot of material
- Diagrams show differences between the mechanical and chemical layers of the earth
- Simple explanations with interesting graphics promote learning