Is it really love that makes the world go 'round? Find out in an amusing interview-based video. The narrator asks visitors at a city park why Earth continues to turn on its axis. After several misguided attempts at invoking different physical laws, inertia is revealed as the culprit behind rotation.
- Use the video to kick off a unit on inertia or as an earth science brainteaser
- Have paired pupils design an experiment to demonstrate inertia on an object
- Some background information on forces may be helpful for middle school scientists
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Reveals the correct answer and explains it simply at the end
- Wrong answers are debunked by explaining the effect that force actually has on Earth, if any