A cat's tongue makes a purr-fect grooming tool. But why are cats such obsessive groomers? Discover the many advantages a clean, silky coat gives these predators in a short video. With reasons that range from skin health to remaining stealth, pupils will see why all that licking isn't such a bad thing.
- Include the video in a lesson about predator behaviors
- Explore other grooming-crazy species to extend the lesson and show learners how such behaviors benefit the organism
- The narrator provides simple explanations for anatomical terms, making the resource very student-friendly
- Images showing the cat's tongue at the microscopic level are detailed and interesting
- The video illustrates the link between the grooming behavior in wild and domestic felines