Fifteenth-century hunters used a unique vocabulary to describe the groups of animals they hunted. The video lesson shows many of these informal names. It turns out the names may not be official, but many people use them, including scientists.
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Challenge individuals to list as many names for groups of animals as they can remember after viewing the video
- Use as an introductory video for a unit on scientific naming
- Ensure the comments are not visible when showing the video as they may not be appropriate
- Connects the concept to current-day names by referencing Pokemon and robots
- Includes closed captioning in several language to assist ELLs