The sun isn't just a ball of fire! An informative video lesson discusses the makeup of the sun and the variation of temperature. The episode of a larger solar system playlist focuses on the corona and theories as to why it has the most intense heat.
- Begin with photos of the most recent solar eclipse to use as a lesson opener
- Expects an understanding of the anatomy of the sun
- Consider monitoring the YouTube comments if making available for independent viewing
- Highlights key scientific vocabulary throughout the lesson
- Makes connections to many different scientific concepts