What would it be like if your only goal in life was eating? See the world from a caterpillar's point of view in an interesting video. Science scholars learn about the life cycle of a butterfly, as well as the distinct functions performed by both butterflies and caterpillars.
- The resource is perfect for day one of a metamorphosis unit
- Extend the lesson by researching the specific dietary needs of caterpillars, some of nature's pickier eaters
- Presents content in simple terms, making it appropriate for all learning levels
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Time-lapse video of a caterpillar forming a chrysalis is excellent for illustrating metamorphic changes
- The narrator is descriptive but not highly technical, keeping the focus on each step of the life cycle