This resource also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
After brainstorming reasons why Native Americans mapped their lands, your young critical thinkers will work together to review their ideas and determine the definition of a map. With today's extensive use of mapping technology and GPS navigation, this would be a great way to consider the importance of understanding our positions relative to the world around us.
- Inquiry-based, concept-attainment lesson
- Involves group collaboration and whole-class discussion
- Could include more emphasis on real-world applications
- Instructor may wish to research and provide informational texts on Native American mapping, as well as incorporate other writing activities