Poor soil actually grows the most diverse plants. Although this sounds like a contradictory statement, the video lesson explains how and why this is true. Learners discover how rich soils typically cater to the stronger, faster-growing species.
4 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Take a field trip to a local nature area and log the different species of plants in the area
- Follow the video with a lab exploration by creating a biodome with different types of soils
- Expects a basic understanding of soil needs for plant growth
- Uses plant growth as an analogy to the human populations in rich and poor areas
- Provides engaging examples to support the content