Do the summer and winter solstices mark the beginning of the warmest and coldest quarters of the year? After an introduction of scientific concepts related to seasons, an informative video explains how the Romans are responsible for the present-day solstices and equinoxes.
- Use the video during a lesson on seasons in an earth science class
- Show the video on the winter solstice if school is still in session
- It would be helpful if learners already know the causes of seasons, as well as the different heating and cooling rates between land and water
- Graphics support understanding of the material
- Incorporates many different science concepts