This Why Shakespeare Loved Iambic Pentameter video also includes:
Spice up your traditional approach to teaching poetic structure with a wonderful animated video, which not only covers such terms as foot, meter, verse, but also stresses Shakespeare's unique use of iambic pentameter to convey emotion and passion in his poetry.
- Pause the video at 00:49 in order to emphasize how stresses and emphases are present in poetic verse. This information will be key to understanding the rest of the video
- The TEDEd website affords you the opportunity to check out resources related to the content in the video, as well as participate in an online assessment or discussion
- Animates process of identifying rhythm and meter in poetry
- Makes several references to noteworthy poems and their unique meter
- Highly engaging and informative