This Why Should You Listen to Vivaldi's "Four Seasons"? video also includes:
While many of your class members may find the opening strands of "The Four Seasons" by Antonio Vivaldi familiar, few may know of the rich history of this program music. Viewers not only listen to portions of the music from each season, but hear some of the lines from the poems that were written to accompany each movement.
- Ask groups to research one of the four seasons and prepare a presentation that includes a reading of the poem as the music plays
- Have pupils watch the video, respond to the comprehension questions, and explore some of the links before returning for a full class discussion
- The video assumes viewers are familiar with a variety of musical terms and would be most appropriate for an introduction to instrumental music course
- To replay the video, click the arrow on the right side of the screen
- The resource includes the video, a comprehension check, links to related articles, and discussion questions