This Why So Many Cloud Types? video also includes:
Scientists categorize clouds by both height and shape since both traits impact the weather independently. Viewers fly high to learn about the characteristics of each type of cloud. NOVA explains the composition of clouds, the atmospheric conditions, and the relationships between clouds and climate change.
- Compare the altitude of types of clouds to the altitude planes fly and discuss why this information is important
- Relies on prior knowledge of altitude and water vapor
- Stream or download the video in English and Spanish
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes
- Provides a full transcript and closed captioning for the hearing impaired