Vaccines were first used in 1796, about 100 years before viruses were even discovered. Beginning with the history of scurvy and polio, viewers see how vaccines work and how they help humans overcome and eradicate diseases.
19 Views 20 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have learners read parts of The Panic Virus or On Immunity, linked in description, to learn more about viruses and vaccines
- If assigning as homework, individuals need a computer and access to the Internet
- Video ends at 6:37; the rest is sponsorship and advertising
- Vaccines are a hot topic right now and content will engage viewers
- Descriptions include other resources that supplement the material