This Why Were Logarithms Developed? lesson plan also includes:
Show your class how people calculated complex math problems in the old days. Scholars take a trip back to the days without calculators in the 15th installment of a 35-part module. They use logarithms to determine products of numbers and learn why logarithms were developed in the first place.
- Have learners research mathematicians involved in logarithm development
- The class will likely need instruction on how to read logarithm tables
- Pupils need to know how to solve polynomial equations, with a particular emphasis on quadratics
- Resource includes printable logarithm tables
- Teacher guide contains notes on where to look for evidence of mathematical practices