This Wind Turbine interactive also includes:
Scientists know wind is a renewable resource, but is it an efficient one? Scholars adjust the propeller diameter on a wind turbine, the wind speed, and the conversion efficiency within range to learn about the efficiency of these machines. The resource briefly explains Betz's Law and offers questions about the conversion factors.
- Introduce Betz's law and how it relates to energy efficiency
- Requires a free CK-12 account to access the interactive
- Assumes prior knowledge of power, efficiency, and how to interpret graphs
- Integrates math, science, and technology topics
- Offers a walk through video for those struggling to understand the controls