This Women assessment also includes:
Alice Walker's poem "Women" provides ninth graders the opportunity to demonstrate their ability to identify how a writer's choice of syntax and diction contribute to the development of the theme of the work.
5 Views 7 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Use the resource to assess the need for targeted instruction, as a model for how to address assessments of this type, or as a formative assessment
- Include in a study of poetry, of the American Civil Rights movement, and/or of Alice Walker
- The module is designed to to assess Common Core English Language Arts standards for ninth graders
- The final resource in a series of six assessments
- The assessment packet includes the text of Walker's poem, templates for the worksheets, and the writing prompt