Why Lesson Planet?
From Queen Elizabeth I of England in the sixteenth century to Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto of Pakistan in modern times, your class members will assume the roles of influential female rulers and take part in an informative and engaging panel. After researching their chosen roles and collaborating with their peers on what to expect from the panel, class members will assume their positions to answer questions from audience members and respond to an overarching panel topic. Tip: With a larger class, try having your learners pair-up to research and present a historical figure together.
- Engaging simulation that is sure to spark class interest
- Extension activity ideas included
- Includes suggestions of historical female rulers to research
- Instructor will need to provide most supporting materials, including questions for panel, evaluation rubric, reading assignments, etc.
- Will require extra time to prepare learners for panel, including instruction on what materials to research and bring, how to respectfully participate in a panel as a historical figure and as an audience member, etc.