This Words We Live By: Your Annotated Guide to the Constitution lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
The language of the Constitution can feel quite ominous to young learners, but there are a variety of strategies you can utilize to help your class grasp the important concepts and ideals in our nation's founding document. This lesson plan takes you and your readers step-by-step through a close reading of a secondary source analyzing the phrase "We the People" in the Constitution's Preamble.
- Very detailed instructional procedures, guiding questions, and explanations
- Hook your readers by examining the photographs provided of Supreme Court justices throughout US history, noting how the governmental body's demographic makeup has changed over time.
- May need to incorporate other resources/strategies to keep learners motivated and engaged in lesson
- This is a close reading of a secondary source regarding the Preamble and not an analysis of the Constitution itself